Garment Manufacturing and Technical Processes
In the global world of clothing supply chains, the ability to understand basic manufacturing terminology and explain your technical requirements can help to avoid costly errors and build sound relationships with your suppliers.
WHAT can we do for you?
This is valuable course for any fashion professional in the industry, whatever your job title. Learning these processes on the job is not easy, especially when under pressure and decisions need to be made.
This course will bring you up to industry standard in technical terminology and enable you to make more informed decisions regarding the manufacture of a garment.
- Different route of manufacturing
- Calculating garment Costings
- Cost implications and common production errors
- Garment lead times
- An overview of the types of machines used manufacturing
- An overview of technology in different countries of origin
- Correct terms for commercial stitch types
- Key technical abbreviations used in the industry
- Key measurement terminology and stitch/seam types
- Identify stitch errors
- Needles used for different types of fabrics
- Threads used for stitching different types of fabrics
This course is classroom based. Students are advised to bring a notebook and pen.
Students will leave with handouts with key points and a Certificate of Attendance.
Registration is 9:00am
All our courses take place in Central London, with easy access to transport.
Details of venue will be confirmed at the time of enrolling.
Alternatively if you are a business, courses can be held at your place of business.
Click here to contact us for more information
Click here to request information on price and course date information