Fabric, Prints and Dyeing Processes
WHAT can we do for you?
Our course will provide you with an overview of these processes and leave you with the skills required to evaluate different fabrics, blends and finishes. We will teach you the technical terminology used as standard in the clothing industry to enable you to source fabrics with confidence.
- Basic understanding of fibres and yarns and how they are produced
- The professional terminology used for fabrications and units of measurement
- The properties and characteristics of different fabric blends
- A brief overview of understanding commercial fabric testing reports
- Analysing the reasoning and legalities for wash care instructions
- Review current technologies in commercial garment dye processes
- Evaluate different washes and finishing processes in garment manufacture
- Analyse the different print processes
- What to consider when sourcing and selecting fabrics
This course in predominately for woven fabrics, however a limited amount of knitted fabrics may also be covered.
Although this course is theory based, students will be able to touch and familiarise visually with what they are being taught through the introduction of swatches demonstrating techniques, dyes and prints.
This course is classroom based. Students are advised to bring a notebook and pen.
Students will be given handouts with key points and a Certificate of Attendance.
No entry requirements.
Registration is 9:00am
All our courses take place in Central London, with easy access to transport.
Details of venue will be confirmed at the time of enrolling.
Alternatively if you are a business, courses can be held at your place of business. Click here to contact us for more information
Click here to request information on price and course date information