Creating a Technical Garment Pack for the fashion industry
Today’s factories are very astute in product development and are highly unlikely to start a sample or production run with just a fancy sketch. This document is a regular industry requirement and contains all the necessary information to produce your product, to your chosen specifications and requirements.
WHAT can we do for you?
- Not sure how what detail is required
- Fed up of paying for someone else to do a pack for you
- Lacking this skill in order to apply for product related jobs
This course aims to get your ideas into a workable document using Adobe Illustrator.
The course is more advanced than our ‘Basic Illustrator for fashion design course’. This course focuses on using illustrator to show construction details and measurements. We aim to encourage a more technical and methodical thought process for illustrating your creative design ideas.
Aimed at fashion students, entry-level designers, garment technologists, product developers and anyone wanting to start up their own clothing line. A Mid-level designer wanting to improve their skills with faster techniques, may also find this course beneficial for their career.
By the end of the course you will know what information and additional sketches are required and create a full technical pack. You will be able to advise construction details and materials using professional terminology. You will leave with an approach that forces you to think of every physical aspect to the garment.
See below for the full course outline
During the course you will learn the following: –
- The main objective of the technical pack
- The standard layout of a tech pack and essential information required
- Identify and add the necessary measurements
- How to visually advise on construction details with technical terms.
- How to draw technical details from different perspectives, internals and side view etc.
- Create a Bill of materials (a document detailing all the components).
Students are advised to bring a notebook, pen and USB stick.
Students will be given handouts with key points and a Certificate of Attendance.
Registration is 9:00am
All our courses take place in Central London, with easy access to transport.
Depending on the venue, students may be required to bring their own laptop. This will be advised at the time of enrolling.
Alternatively if you are a business, courses can be held at your place of business with your own equipment. Click here to contact us to discuss further.
Click here to register your interest on price and course date information
Group bookings welcome