Basic Illustrator for Fashion Design
Equally if you are setting up your own clothing range, factories and pattern cutters would expect the design pack to come in a digital format, using a vector base program. Paying someone to do this can be expensive, so learning how to use the program is much more cost effective and not difficult when you’re shown how!
WHAT can we do for you?
Not sure where to start with illustrator?
Can’t draw hand but have lots of ideas?
Lacking this skill in order to apply for product related jobs?
We make learning Illustrator FUN, EASY and EFFORTLESS.
During this course you will learn how to navigate the basic tools in Illustrator. You will create a variety of technical drawings and learn industry tricks to digitally enhance your ideas.
This comprehensive course you will give you the skills and technical know-how, to start drawing your own designs to a professional standard.
See below for the full course outline
During the course you will learn the following: –
- Understanding the layout of the Illustrator
- Creating layers and using the tool bar
- Use the Pen tool to sketch garment shapes and design details
- Creating garment trims such as zips, zip-puller, buttons and bows
- Drawing garments in proportion
- Use the scale tool to size trims, garment shapes and patterns
- Adjust lines, weights and thickness
- Creating stitch types
- Creating repeat patterns and simple knit structures
- Creating and saving your own colour palette, brush and symbols library
- Fill a technical drawing with colour or pattern
- Creating brushes for special details
- Reflecting, average, joining and grouping elements of a garment
- Using live trace to trace a rasterised image
- Create a ribbed trim and elastic detail
- Clipping masks
- Use the pencil tool for freehand illustrations of detailing or draping
Students are advised to bring a notebook, pen and USB stick.
Students will be given handouts with key points and a Certificate of Attendance.
Registration is 9:00am
All our courses take place in Central London, with easy access to transport.
Depending on the venue, students may be required to bring their own laptop. This will be advised at the time of enrolling.
Alternatively if you are a business, courses can be held at your place of business with your own equipment. Click here to contact us to discuss further.
Click here to request information on price and course date information
Group bookings welcome